Areas of Practice
The Workers’ Compensation Practice Group at Clement Rivers, LLP serves employers, self-insured employers, and insurance carriers throughout the state of South Carolina. The group’s lawyers and extensive support staff collaborate to provide top quality legal services to clients in matters involving:
- State workers’ compensation claims
- Second injury fund claims
- Third party lien issues
The group is particularly experienced in defending complex, multi-litigant workers’ compensation matters, including those involving:
- Hearing loss
- Toxic exposure
- Occupational disease
- Repetitive trauma/cumulative trauma claims
Mediations are increasingly important in the workers’ compensation area. The group’s attorneys are well versed in alternative methods of dispute resolution and are regularly involved in these settlement conferences, both as client advocates and mediators.
- The South Carolina Workers’ Compensation Commission web site has a wealth of helpful information, including downloadable copies of all necessary forms, contact information for all Commissioners, and the “E-case status” feature.
- The firm’s South Carolina Workers’ Compensation Fundamentals
fact sheet provides a concise description of critical claim information, including compensation rates, statutes of limitations, benefits, and other information.