Clement Rivers, LLP represents the largest public and private health care providers in Charleston County. The group has extensive knowledge of all local, state and federal health care laws, in addition to practical experience with health care compliance and dispute resolution.
The firm advises clients on:
- Regulatory affairs
- Compliance with state and federal regulations
- Formation of captive insurance companies and self-insured trusts
- Medical and hospital malpractice defense
- Charitable immunity
- Durable medical equipment (DME) litigation
Group lawyers have experience in government reimbursement issues and insurance regulatory matters such as interpreting federal health care regulations involving hospital beds, wheelchairs, and pressure-reducing support surfaces. The firm has extensive experience in litigating 501(c)(3) charitable immunity issues for non-profit hospitals as well as South Carolina tort claims issues for public health care entities.
- Physicians and Physician Groups
- Long-Term Care Facilities
- Health Care Entities
- The Board of Medical Examiners
- State Agencies
- The South Carolina Administrative Law Division