Matt Riddle practices primarily with the firm’s Professional Liability group. Matt represents clients in the areas of professional liability, medical malpractice, long term care, business, commercial, and real estate litigation. He also serves as local counsel defending companies in toxic tort cases and has defended employers and insurance carriers in workers’ compensation cases throughout South Carolina.
Beyond the Practice
Matt lives on James Island with his wife and two children. He serves as a Scout leader and as an active member at First (Scots) Presbyterian Church. Matt previously served as Board member and President of Kids’ Chance of South Carolina.
Admitted to practice
- South Carolina, 2007
- Mercer University Walter F. George School of Law, cum laude, 2007
- Mercer Law Review, 2005-2007
- Student Bar Association representative
- CALI award recipient
- Furman University, cum laude, 2003
Super Lawyers Rising Stars: 2017-2021
- South Carolina Bar Association
- Charleston County Bar Association
Articles / case studies
- Notice and Statute of Limitations Issues in Repetitive Trauma Cases by Matthew O. Riddle and Leslie M. Whitten, Published in: SC Lawyer (May 2011)