Kara Grevey practices primarily with the firm’s Professional Liability practice group. Prior to joining Clement Rivers, LLP, Kara practiced with a civil litigation firm in Charleston, South Carolina, where she primarily handled business disputes, medical malpractice, personal injury, class action, and other complex litigation matters. She has broad mediation and trial experience, and she was honored to be selected to the South Carolina Bar Young Lawyer’s Division Leadership Academy, Class of 2020.
While in law school, Kara was a member of the South Carolina Law Review, was a member of the Order of the Coif and Order of the Wig and Robe, and received a CALI Award in Real Estate Transactions I. She also worked for the South Carolina House of Representatives Judiciary Committee throughout her second and third years of law school. When she’s not at the office, Kara can be found golfing, jogging around town, boating with her family, or cheering on the Georgia Bulldogs.
Admitted to practice
- South Carolina, 2014
- U.S. District Court for the District of South Carolina, 2015
- University of South Carolina School of Law, J.D., 2014
- University of Georgia, Honors Program, B.A. in International Business, Economics, 2011
- Charleston County Bar Association
- South Carolina Bar Association
- Young Lawyers Division
- An Exaggerated Response: The Possible Reactions to Florence v. Bd. of Chosen Freeholders in South Carolina, C. L. Rev., published in Book 4, Volume 64.
- Climate Change, Beach Erosion, and Beachfront Regulation, by Mary Shahid, Angelica Cowell, and Kara Shea Grevey, South Carolina Lawyer, September 2013.
- Why S.C. Employers Should Care About Legalized Marijuana, by Kara Shea Grevey and Molly Hughes Cherry, Charleston Regional Business Journal, September 23, 2013.