James D. (“Tripp”) Gandy, III worked as a solo practitioner prior to joining Clement Rivers, LLP. Before that, he represented insurance companies and other corporations for over 24 years in state and federal court in personal injury cases, toxic tort litigation and insurance cases. Tripp also has significant experience in divorce and family law, personal injury, and insurance law. He has handled numerous family court cases ranging from uncontested divorces to very contested custody disputes. He also has significant experience in asbestos litigation and other toxic tort litigation in both federal and state court.
Mr. Gandy is admitted to practice before the U.S. District Court for the District of South Carolina. He is a member of the ABA, Charleston County Bar Association, and the South Carolina Bar.
Admitted to practice
- South Carolina, 1989
- U.S. District Court District of South Carolina, 1990
- University of South Carolina School of Law, J.D., Columbia, South Carolina, 1988
- University of South Carolina, with honors, B.S., 1985
- Charleston County Bar Association
- South Carolina Bar Association
- American Bar Association