C. Michael Branham is the chair of the Tax, Estate Planning and Probate Practice Group. He served on the firm’s Management Committee from 1999-2009, 2022 – present and as managing partner from 2002-2009.
Mike is the former chairman of the Taxation Law Specialization Advisory Board of the South Carolina Supreme Court’s Commission on Continuing Legal Education and Specialization. He is a certified public accountant emeritus. He has been featured for many years in the Best Lawyers in America, the Outstanding Lawyers of America and the Marquis editions of Who’s Who in American Law, Who’s Who in Finance and Industry, Who’s Who in America and Who’s Who in the World.
Admitted to practice
- South Carolina, 1983
- University of South Carolina School of Law, J.D., 1983
- Auburn University, B.S. Accounting, 1979
- American Bar Association, former South Carolina Case Reporter for the Probate and Trust Section
- American Bar Association, Sections on Taxation, Trust and Estate Law
- South Carolina Bar, Sections on Taxation and Estate Planning
- Coastal Community Foundation, former Board of Directors, former Chairman
- Bunnelle Foundation, Board of Directors, former Chairman