C. Michael Branham is the chair of the Tax, Estate Planning and Probate Practice Group the chair of the Business Law and Business Transaction teams, and chair of Commercial Transactions and Real Estate. He served on the firm’s Management Committee from 1999-2009 and as managing partner from 2002-2009.
Mike is a Certified Tax Law Specialist and is the former chairman of the Taxation Law Specialization Advisory Board of the South Carolina Supreme Court’s Commission on Continuing Legal Education and Specialization. He is a certified public accountant. He has been featured for several years in the Best Lawyers in America, the Outstanding Lawyers of America and the Marquis editions of Who’s Who in American Law, Who’s Who in Finance and Industry, Who’s Who in America and Who’s Who in the World.
Admitted to practice
- South Carolina, 1983
- University of South Carolina School of Law, J.D., 1983
- Auburn University, B.S. Accounting, 1979
- American Bar Association, South Carolina Case Reporter for the Probate and Trust Section
- American Bar Association, Sections on Taxation, Trust and Estate Law
- South Carolina Bar, Sections on Taxation and Estate Planning
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- South Carolina Association of Certified Public Accountants
- South Carolina Commission on Continuing Legal Education and Specialization – Tax Specialization Board of the Supreme Court
- Charleston Estate Planning Council
- Coastal Community Foundation, Board of Directors
- Bunnelle Foundation, Board of Directors, former Chairman